Snap Lock Down
As of 8:00pm on Thursday 5th August, 2021 Balla Balla Community Centre will be closed for programs/activities and venue hire. This is in line with the State Governments Lock Down Restrictions.
Mental health resources
This is a really challenging time for you, your family and friends. The following resources may assist you with support:
- Tips for managing isolation
- Beyond Blue coronavirus support
- Kids Help Line
- Safe Steps – Family violence support centre
- Alcohol Anonymous
Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line – 1800 171 866
8.30am-60m Monday – Friday
Some older people are vulnerable to COVID-19 but less connected to the internet and in need of ways to access information for their circumstances. This service provides information and support.
– would like to talk with someone about the impact of COVID on them
– are feeling lonely or are worried about a loved one
– are caring for someone and need some information or a listening ear
– need help or advice about changing the aged care services they are receiving
– are living with dementia or are concerned about a friend or family member living with dementia
– would like to arrange a one-off or regular wellbeing check
Support with food relief:
- Community Information & Support, Cranbourne – 5996 3333
- Salvation Army, Cranbourne – 5995 0133
- Sikh Volunteers Australia – 0423 359 279 | 0401 509 236
- Food Bank Vic – 1800 675 398
What you need to keep doing
- practice good hygiene
- maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- wear a face mask whilst where required to do so
- understand the risk and symptoms
- testing at the first sign of symptoms keeps us on top of the virus and helps us stay open
- Wait for your test results. Do not go to work or go out shopping, stay at home until you get the all clear
- If you are feeling unwell do not go to work
- take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus
Please see updated government guidelines here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/community-services-restrictions-covid-19
If you are concerned about having the virus please call the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours). For translator support, call TIS National on 131 450.
The COVID-19 vaccines are free, safe and voluntary – the more people who are vaccinated, the greater the protection for those vaccinated and the whole community.
• The COVID-19 vaccines are free for everyone in Australia
• The best person to talk to if you have concerns about your health and a being vaccinated against COVID-19 is your doctor/general practitioner (GP).
• Visit the Australian Government website for the latest news and updates on COVID-19 vaccines <https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/learn-about-covid-19-vaccines/about-the-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine>.
• For the latest vaccine information from the Victorian Department of Health, please visitcoronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine <https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine>.
• The options to book a vaccine appointment have changed – people should now select 1 – 1 – 1 to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
We understand that it is difficult to find the information you need to share with your community in your language. Below are links to both written and audio messages in the following languages. Please share this with your family, friends and particularly people with English as their second language:
FOR COVID-19 TRANSLATION VISIT: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
FOR AUDIO MESSAGE VISIT: https://cloud.think-hq.com.au/s/p68s6XktyDWtn32
Translated to the following languages are translated above:
Amharic, Arabic, Assyrian, Bengali, Burmese, Chaldean, Chin, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Cook Island Maori, Croatian, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, Filipino/Tagalog, Fijian
French, Greek, Gujarati, Hazaragi, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Korean, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Nepali, Nuer, Oromo, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi,
Russian, Samoan, Serbian, Sinhalese, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Tigrinya, Tongan, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zomi